Our latest project is a complete end-to-end broadcast system integration in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. The client, General Media Group Moldova, the biggest private owned broadcaster in the country, operates 3 general channels, “Prime TV”, “Canal 2″, “Canal 3″, and one 24/7 news channel, “Publika TV”. The technical facilities of all these channels were, as company grew, spread all over the capital Chisinau. A complete new HD system integration, serving all 4 channels and placed into a single new building, was our task to do.
After 2 month and 19 days from the beginning of the installation process, on 9th of June 2014, Prime TV, Canal 2 TV and Canal 3 TV went on air with a complete new HD 1080 50i broadcast system.
Two weeks later, on 21 of June, the 4th station, Publika TV, has been upgraded from SD 4/3 to SD 16/9, and until the end of this year will be upgraded again, to HD.
In general figures, the General Media Group system integration consists of:
- 4 new HD MCRs, 5th upgraded to HD and connected to Provys traffic system automation. Master Control Switching & Channel Branding is a 3025EMC platform from Evertz.
- 3 new HD PCRs, 4th upgraded to HD and connected to Octopus NRCS automation.
- 3 new studios 280;450;1000 sqm. Lightning provided by Arri. Suspension studio systems design by Lights Up Professional Romania.
- End-to-end Primestream Fork MAM and automation with:
- 12 HD live ingest lines
- 600 TB VTrak x 30 Promise production SAN
- 120 TB Harmonic MediaGrid playout server
- 120 TB Harmonic MediaGrid nearline server
- 2 PB complete redundant Quantum Scalar i6000 LTO6 tapes archive system managed by Diva from Front Porch Digital
- 31 high-end Final Cut editing station connected through dual 8GB fiber optic to production SAN
- 26 HD playout lines
- 1 Pro-Bell routing switcher 128×128 HD/SD SDI.
- 1 Snell Kahuna 360 format fusion production switcher with 120 inputs and 64 outputs with 3 surface control panels with 3 ME each.
- 1 Evertz multiviewer with 128 HD/SD SDI inputs and 20 DVI/SDI outputs.
- 2 Clearcom digital matrix intercom – interconnected over ethernet/IP and fiber optic.
- 13 playout GFX render engines and 2 GFX designer stations from Vizrt.
- 150 MAC&PC concurrent licenses Octopus NRCS controlling PCRs Fork Live Assist playout, Vizrt graphics and Autoscript teleprompter.
- Provys Traffic system controlling MCR Fork Playout and Vizrt graphics.
- 18 Ikegami complete camera chains with high-end Fujinon lenses and Shotoku pedestals.
…and a lot more!